Learn more about conferences, colloquium series and other events around digitally-rich teaching and learning offered in our region.
We have also included here information about Selected Past Events – which in most cases will give you access to artifacts (such as handouts, Powerpoint slides, or videos) related to specific presentations.
K-12 Digital Consortium Leadership Workshop
- Last offered: May 22, 12:30-4:30 pm
- Open only to team from Consortium members
- This 4-hour workshop is designed for school leaders responsible for setting up structures, policies, and expectations to support successful technology-rich instructional initiatives. Participants will benefit from lessons learned from other districts that have engaged in these initiatives – both locally and nationally. Participants will also examine “what kinds of technology-rich initiatives” they want to pursue / are pursuing and why, so as to inform and evaluate specific initiatives they are planning to undertake / are in process of implementing. Opportunities to network with school leaders from other districts will be provided. A short online assignment will need to be completed prior to attending this workshop.
Annual Digital Conversion Symposium
- Offered by: East Irondequoit Central School District; co-sponsored by the Center for Learning in the Digital Age, Warner School of Education, University of Rochester
- Audience: Mostly K-12 teachers and administrators, but open to everyone
- Next offered: Fall 2020
Learning in the Digital Age (LiDA) Colloquium Series
- Offered on the following Thursdays, 3-4:30 pm, at the University of Rochester in LeChase Hall 215
- September 19: Sharing & Networking about Current LiDA Initiatives
- October 3: How Are Disruptive Technologies Affecting Higher Education?
- November 21: How Are Digital Technologies Redefining the Goals of K-16 Education?
- Offered by: Center for Learning in the Digital Age, Warner School of Education, University of Rochester
- Cost: Free (except for parking!)
East Irondequoit School visit
- Date: TBD
- This 4-hour site visit is offered by the East Irondequoit CSD. The technology site visit is designed for school leaders and teachers interested in technology-rich instructional initiatives, structures, and systems. During the first three hours, participants will gain access to and experience through classroom observations at the schools. The group will gather in the Central District Office for lunch and a Q & A session. The event will be capped at 25 visitors, so we recommend early registration.
Blended Learning Training
- Dates to be determined
- This 4-hour workshop will focus on developing awareness of the transformational potential of technology-rich instruction to enhance student learning in the regular classroom, while also empowering teachers to use a few simple but powerful digital tools in their teaching. It is designed for classroom teachers for any grade or subject, and any level of experience with using technology in the classroom. Participants will be required to complete a simple 30 minute online task, prior to attending the Session.