Securing the Conditions for Future Success
Along with examples of successful technology integrations in K-12 schools, there are many more stories of failed attempts. What can you do to avoid that fate and ensure success?
Joe Sutorius, the Chief Information Officer at East Irondequoit Central School District, has some deep insights to share in the video, “Key conditions for digital conversion”.
Checklist of Key Components for Success
- Leadership needs to be invested (BOE on down)
- Build realistic sustainable budget structure
- Wireless infrastructure, mobile device management tools, and appropriate levels of tech support
- Device selection, management and logistics
- Teach and administrator professional development
- Learning Management System
- You need to build a core team to drive this work!
[Video: 3’21”] This video is the excerpt of a presentation by Joe Sutorius, where he identified “after the fact” the factors and conditions that most impacted his district’s successful digital conversion