This half-day, free workshop, offered by the K-12 Digital Consortium, has been designed primarily as a way to develop a common vision and begin the networking process for districts interested in joining the Consortium. Some member districts have chosen to send additional teams from their district to this event, as they found it a valuable professional development and networking opportunity.
Who Should Attend
Districts applying for membership will need to send representatives of the leadership team in charge of technology innovation in their schools to this workshop before they can be accepted as members.
These teams usually include at the very least the person ultimately in charge of digital conversion, a curriculum decision-maker, Chief Information Officer/instructional technology coordinator, and a business/finance staff.
If you have any questions about your team composition or the workshop, please email Dave Miller (email@example.com).
Our Next Kick-Off Workshop Will Take Place in Early Fall 2019 – Date still to be determined
1. Setting the Stage
- Welcome and framing of the workshop; overview of agenda and use of Padlet
- Introductions by district (name and role of each workshop participant)
2. Developing a Common Vision for Digital Conversion
- Analysis of digitally-rich learning experiences
- Introducing the SAMR (substitution-augmentation-modification-redefinition) model
3. What Needs to be in Place to Successfully Engage in District-Wide Digital Conversion?
- Identification of key conditions – from research and local experiences
4. Learning From Each Other
- At your table, share ideas and experiences about selected questions/challenges
- Large group reporting back and discussion
5. Developing A Shared Vision For The Consortium
- Brief review of what the Consortium can currently provide, and members’ benefits and expectations
- At your table, generate a “wish list” of Consortium services moving forward
- Introduction of follow-up assignment
- Participants’ key take-aways
- Develop a shared vision for what successful digital conversion should look like
- Develop a shared vision for what it takes to successfully implement district-wide digital conversion
- Begin the networking process among Consortium members by sharing best practices and experiences about a few selected topics of special interest to the participants
- Become aware of what the Consortium can currently provide to support districts at different stages of their digital conversion journey
- Develop a shared vision for the Consortium moving forward